By ChefYeti Healthy, Keto Friendly, Main American Sauté, Simmer
October 19, 2016
A great recipe born in the fall, but great for any time of the year. You can adjust the veggie content of this stew to fit your diet, but give the original a try first!
11. In a large, heavy duty pot, melt 2 tbs of butter over medium high heat.
22. Add chicken breasts and sauté until golden. Reduce heat to medium, cover pan with lid, and cook until chicken is no longer pink on inside. Remove chicken to cutting board and set aside.
33. Return the same pot to the stove on medium high heat. Add remaining butter and then add onion, pepper, garlic, and jalapeno. sauté for about 5 minutes.
44. Add zucchini and yellow squash and sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
55. Add corn, tomatoes, beer (or broth), cumin, chili powder and paprika. Stir to combine. Heat until bubbling and then reduce heat to medium low and cook for 10 minutes.
66. Shred chicken using a fork or stand mixer. Add to pot and cook an additional 5 minutes.
77. Add fresh herbs and mix well a few minutes before removing from stove.
4 tbs butter
1 lb chicken breasts, lightly sprinkled with salt and pepper
1 large yellow onion, chopped
1 large red bell pepper, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, minced (4 tbs)
1-3 tsp minced jalapenos (depending on spiceness level)
1 zucchini, chopped
1 yellow squash, chopped
4 large ears of corn, uncooked and kernals removed
2 - 14.5 oz cans of fire-roasted tomatoes (do not drain)
12 oz IPA beer or chicken broth
2 tbs cumin
1 tbs chili powder (i prefer ancho)
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 cup chopped fresh herbs (even mix of parsley, dill and basil are my favorites)
optional extras: Shredded smoked gouda cheese, cilantro, green onions, sour cream
Your review ...
All fields are required to submit a review.
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.