22. Using a coarse grater, grate the cauliflower until the entire head has crumbled down into small bit.
33. Transfer the cauliflower bits to a bowl and sprinkle over a ½ teaspoon of the salt. Mix the cauliflower to incorporate the salt and let sit for 20 minutes to draw out moisture.
44. Transfer the soaking cauliflower to another bowl lined with a large towel. Wrap the towel closed and squeeze so that all of the excess liquid is strained.
55. Transfer the cauliflower back into the first bowl used and mix with the cheese, chives, garlic, olive oil, basil, black pepper, and remaining ½ teaspoon of salt.
66. Turnover a large roasting tray and line with parchment paper - this helps prevent burning on the bottom of the hash browns. Divide the cauliflower mixture into 6 even portions, place on the tray, and shape into hash browns.
77. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until golden brown.
88. Let the hash browns cool for about 15 minutes until they have set.