One of the best things about the Keto diet is the fact that you can continue to eat the things that bring you the most happiness such as burgers and wings! With this recipe, you can still get the experience of eating a burger while taking out the most harmful ingredient - the carbs!
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 30 mins
11. Fire up grill to 300 F or oven to 400 F
22. Set a skillet on medium high heat and add bacon. Cook to desired crispiness.
33. In a large bowl, using hands, mix meats together with desired spices. Form into patties.
44. Place patties on grill/oven and cook for about 20 minutes, flipping halfway. Once flipped, add cheese and allow to melt. (Note that with this particular meat, its better to cook through than leave rare)
55. Cut off stems of portobello caps and scrape out the insides using a spoon.
66. Lightly spray caps inside and out with olive oil and sprinkle with a little sea salt. Place caps on the grill face-fown for about 15 minutes or the oven for about 10 minutes. Allow caps to cool on a paper towel for 5-10 minutes before assembling burger as the caps tend to get soggy.
77. Assemble burger and enjoy!
Add toppings as you like, just be sure to watch the carb count as it would defeat the purpose!
3oz lean ground bison
3oz ground lamb
2-3 slices of bacon
1/4 cup cheddar cheese
2 portobello mushroom caps
Toppings as desired (recommend onions, avocado, fried egg, tomato)