Tis the season for sweets. If you don't want to feel left out of the festivities but want to keep up with your diet, this alternative to a classic recipe is just what you need!
Prep: 40 mins
Cook: 30 mins
Yields: 1 Pie
11. In medium sauce pan, combine sugar and cornstarch substitute.
22. Add half and half and egg yolks and whisk until well combined. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute and remove from heat. Stir in butter, coconut and vanilla.
33. Pour into medium bowl, cover with saran wrap directly on the filling itself to avoiding a sticky film on top. Let sit for 30 minutes.
44. Spoon coconut mixture into pie crust and careful speed to evenly distribute. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
5COCONUT WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING
61. In a medium mixing bowl beat whipping cream at high speed. Gradually add sweetener, vanilla and coconut extract. Beat until stiff peaks form. You don't want them to be soft (but you don't want them to become butter either)
72. Spread evenly over pie and sprinkle the top with toasted coconut.
1 prepared and baked keto pie crust, cooled to room temperature
¾ cup Erythritol or Swerve
¼ cup cornstarch substitute such as arrowroot, or coconut flour