This dessert is perfect for anyone on a low carb diet or just looking for a healthier alternative. It it absolutely one of my favorites!
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 45 mins
Yields: 4-5 servings
11. Preheat oven to 320 F
22. Pour cream into pan and heat up over medium heat.
33. Add vanilla extract to cream and simmer for at least 5 minutes. Lower temperature if it starts to boil. Take off heat and set aside.
44. Separate egg yolks, then mix the yolks with the sweetener and liquid stevia. (save egg whites for another recipe)
55. Whisk everything together. Add the creamer slowly to the egg mix vs. all at once.
66. Place mixture into small ramekins and then place those ramekins into a bain marie or other baking pan that is covered with parchment paper (to prevent sliding). Fill pan with enough water so that all of the ramekins are "swimming".
77. Bake in oven for about 45 minutes, then remove and let cool to room temperature. Store in fridge until use.
88. (optional) sprinkle some sweetener over the top of the brûlée and torch with a butane torch to melt and create a hard candy top.
You can add different flavors to the brûlée! For example, if you would like more of a banana pudding, make one of the tsp of vanilla extract banana extract instead. Or you could also add a tbs of cacao powder for chocolate!
5 Large Egg Yolks
2 cups of heavy cream or coconut milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup of Erythritol or Swerve sweetener (or more to taste)