A great snack or breakfast item for people on a low carb diet!
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 2 hrs
Yields: about 16
11. Place the coconut oil into a small bowl and melt in microwave.
22. Spoon in tahini paste and nut butter. Grind almonds and add to mixture if using.
33. Add in protein and vanilla extract and mix well. Add a little bit of water if mixture is too dry.
45. Place mixture in a square baking dish with parchment paper. Press batter in firmly to cover the whole surface. Place in fridge for at least 2 hours.
56. Cut into squares and serve. Store in containers for later.
You can also change up the flavor of this recipe in many ways! Just experiment. Here are a few suggestions:
1. add a tbs of pumpkin spice to make pumpkin halva
2. add a tsp of banana extract for banana bites
3. add a tbs of cacao powder for chocolate peanut butter bites
1/3 cup of coconut oil
1/2 cup of unsweetened peanut, almond or some other kind of butter
4 tbs tahini
(optional) 3/4 cup ground almonds
4 scoops (or 1 cup) of protein powder (vanilla or plain)